Discover great eats with us!
Hakata Foodie Experiences are family-friendly walking and eating tours of our favorite places.
We've been taking people to eat in Fukuoka since 1985!
Tours are generally for two or more, but check our availability even if you're a party of one!
How It Works
Reserve Your Tour
Make a Reservation and Pre-Pay (Preferred)
Before You Go
1. Reserve a time slot. Please reserve your Foodie at least two days in advance to allow us adequate time to make arrangements. Feel free to contact us for special requests.
2. Optional pre-pay on the site, to lock in your tour at the best rate. Fee includes all food and non-alcoholic beverages, accompanied by a Hakata Foodie! Prices are per person, charged in Japanese Yen. All major credit cards accepted. We meet you in town and take you to the venue(s). You may opt to return or linger on your own.
Meet & Dine with your Foodie
On The Day You Meet Up
3. Your Hakata Foodie(s) will meet you on the ground floor of Solaria Plaza in Tenjin on the south side entrance by Kego Park or another agreed upon place. Please be ready at the appointed time!
4. Please note that cancellations are non-refundable. If paying on the spot, be sure to have Japanese yen in cash, including 10% JST and ¥1000 handling charge per person.
5. Hakata Foodie assumes no responsibility for lost items or accidents that may occur during the course of your excursion. Please take care.
Make a Reservation
Select a Date and Time
Price includes Foodie Guide, meals, fees, and are subject to 10% JST (sales tax). (Alcoholic beverages NOT included)
Hakata: A Foodie Paradise!
Something for everyone
Meet The Hakata Foodies
Great People Who Know Great Food
From New York
Languages: English, Spanish & Japanese
A Fukuoka veteran, I eat out every meal of the day, every day. I'm in the food & beverage business, have many friends and contacts that run, own or operate restaurants of all kinds in the Fukuoka area. My Fukuoka restaurant/bar, Off Broadway, has been welcoming guests for over 25 years. I love to eat out!
From Seoul, Korea
Languages: Korean & Japanese
I love dining and talking, and can show you some of the best places in town. I’m from Seoul, Korea but have lived in Fukuoka, Japan for 16 years. I'm married to a Japanese woman and run a media company in Fukuoka.
안녕하세요. 류 조니입니다. 한국서울출신이구요. 현재 후쿠오카에 살고 있습니다. 여기 온지는 14째가 됐구요. 후쿠오카가 살기 너무 좋아서 이곳에 정착했구요. 특히 이곳 음식, 관광지등을 홍보하는 것이 취미입니다. 후쿠오카에 오신 여러분, 좀 특별하고 좀 더 맛있고 좀 더 분위기 있는 곳을 원하신다면 언제든지 연락주세요. 저희가 편안하고 재미있게 안내해 드리겠습니다.
From the USA
Languages: English & Japanese
Since 1985, I have had the privilege of guiding in Japan, including during the 2019 Rugby World Cup and the G20 Economic Summit in Fukuoka, where I catered to both sports enthusiasts and global entrepreneurs. Having explored the culinary delights of 50 countries, my passion for gastronomy is well-established. Before my time in Japan, I served as a Citizen Diplomat for the World Affairs Council in the USA. Today, Fukuoka boasts one of the world's top culinary destinations. With access to locally-sourced ingredients and a wealth of highly-skilled chefs, let's embark on a culinary adventure together!
Here's what our guests have to say!
Phil & Stacy
My wife and I are serious foodies from California who wanted to visit special places on our first visit to Japan. Bruce took us out for some fine dining and drinks afterwards. It was so much fun, we all met again for breakfast. Our personal tour wasn't complete until Stacy got to try the infamous "natto" and purchase a souvenir: a custom, left-handed Japanese chef's knife with her initials engraved. Unforgettable!
JJ & Renee
We are extremely well-traveled thanks to my job as a pilot. When it comes to food, Bruce shows us great places in Japan and Hong Kong. From the most humble, Cheung Hing Kee Shanghai Pan-fried Buns to popcorn with powdered truffles and exotic cocktails at the Ozone Bar on the 118th floor of the Ritz-Carlton in Kowloon. High indeed.
I'm on the road constantly for work. When I have time to enjoy fine dining, I contact Bruce for meals in Japan or Korea. Last time, we met in Busan. Bruce turned me on to some very fresh sea eel. In fact, it was still wiggling while we sautéed it at our table. l didn't flinch. That impressed him.
Will, Jamie, & Kids
Visiting Hakata for the first time, our Tokyo-based family booked with Hakata Foodie at the end of our vacation. We visited one of Bruce's favorite kid-friendly family-run local restaurants, drank coffee in Ohori-Park, and ate Austrian desserts. Palmer, our 7-year old son, has told us several times that dinner with Bruce was the best part of the trip!
Head out with us on a day-trip or longer from Hakata!
In accordance with Japanese regulations, our guided and experiential services are not classified as travel products as we
do not arrange transportation or accommodations, nor do we generate revenue from them.
Hakata Foodie © 2023 Fukuoka, Japan
Logos are the property of their respective owners.