Dine with a Hakata Foodie
Friendly Locals With Great Knowledge of The Food Scene
From New York
Languages: English, Spanish & Japanese
A Fukuoka veteran, I eat out every meal of the day, every day. I'm in the food & beverage business, have many friends and contacts that run, own or operate restaurants of all kinds in the Fukuoka area. My Fukuoka restaurant/bar, Off Broadway, has been welcoming guests for over 25 years. I love to eat out!
From Kumamoto, Japan
Languages: Japanese & English
I'm a vegetarian and I can introduce you to some great places off the beaten path. Born in Japan, my father is Japanese and my mother is American. I have also lived in Israel, Hawaii, Guam, and Okinawa. Settled in the Fukuoka area 9 years ago. Home is now in Fukutsu City, a seaside town not far from Hakata with some amazing hidden gems.
From Seoul, Korea
Languages: Korean & Japanese
I love dining and talking, and can show you some of the best places in town. I’m from Seoul, Korea but have lived in Fukuoka, Japan for 14 years. I'm married to a Japanese woman and run a media company in Fukuoka.
안녕하세요. 류 조니입니다. 한국서울출신이구요. 현재 후쿠오카에 살고 있습니다. 여기 온지는 14째가 됐구요. 후쿠오카가 살기 너무 좋아서 이곳에 정착했구요. 특히 이곳 음식, 관광지등을 홍보하는 것이 취미입니다. 후쿠오카에 오신 여러분, 좀 특별하고 좀 더 맛있고 좀 더 분위기 있는 곳을 원하신다면 언제든지 연락주세요. 저희가 편안하고 재미있게 안내해 드리겠습니다.
From Karatsu, Japan
Languages: Japanese & English
Hakata is one of the best places to visit for a foodie. We have a lot of special foods, drinks, and interesting restaurants here. You will enjoy our city's world-famous fresh seafood, seasonal vegetables and local sake, without relying on a guidebook.
I grew up near Hakata, so I can guide you to wonderful restaurants that local people know. We are very happy to show you around!
Jenny Gao Jie
From Xian, China
Languages: Chinese, English, and Japanese
嘿，你吃了吗？This is a Chinese greeting. It means "Hi, have you eaten?" It's one way to say "How are you?" in China. Personally I love SPICY food the most. I know some very good restaurants here having explored a lot of great foods in Fukuoka with amazing friends from Japan and all over the world. I love communication with people from different cultures. Let me show you what's out there in this lovely city!
From the USA
Languages: English & Japanese
Have dined my way through 50 countries, settling down in Fukuoka in 1985. Am sure this is one of the best cities in the world for a foodie. Locally-sourced ingredients are superb, creative chefs abound, and prices are fair. Not to mention that there's no tipping. Hakata Foodie is my way to share with you what I love most about my chosen home in Japan.
Languages: Chinese, Japanese & English
Hi, I'm Ling. I travel all around the world for my work and for me, the best food is Japanese. It's like art and the service is great. I really like to eat and I'm available for lunches when you come to town. I will show you the best local, traditional food. I know places that are reasonable and really amazing.
How It Works
Hakata Foodie Basics:
Before you book:
1. After receiving your message, we will contact you to fine-tune your upcoming Foodie Experience. Please contact us and then reserve your Foodie at least one day in advance to allow us time to book a table.
2. Hakata Foodie is ideal for parties of up to four. Fee includes booking, pick-up, and the Foodie. For parties larger than 4 (not counting Foodies), please allow us to arrange for separate venues, as many small restaurants cannot accommodate so many people.
3. Client agrees to cover:
4. For a true Hakata Experience, we may take you to several venues, especially if you want the best ramen and gyoza.
5. The Foodie Experience starts from the time that you meet in Tenjin until the meal ends.
Meeting Your Foodie
On the day you dine
6. Your Hakata Foodie(s) will meet your party at BelWaffles Tenjin Core underground (at B2 level) at the agreed upon time, just prior to your meal. See the map below.
7. You will all go together to the eatery in the Tenjin/Hakata area.
8. Note that most local places outside of the established tourist circuit accept Japanese Yen in cash only. Please be prepared!
9. Please note that cancellations or no-shows are non-refundable.
10. Hakata Foodie assumes no responsibility for lost items or accidents that may occur during the course of your excursion. Please take care.
Step 2: Reserve Your Foodie
After receiving your message we will contact you to confirm the details.
Next, kindly pre-pay the Foodie Fee. There are 5 kinds of Foodie Experiences available in 2019!
Step 3. Meet Your Foodie
Meeting Place: BelWaffles, Tenjin Core B2
From here you will go together to enjoy a great meal!